JDBC Module Conclusion
In this module you examined the Cloudscape, which is a legacy file to enable you to perform course project activities.
You also prepared for the course project, learning the purpose of the project, and the goal of the case study and role-play.
To prepare for the activities, you also downloaded the Brazil project source code.
Now that you've completed this module, you are able to:
- Describe the course project purpose and how it will assist you in learning JDBC
- Describe the case study and the role you will play in it as a JDBC programmer
- Define the goal of the customer
In the next module, the fundamentals of JDBC technology will be explored.
The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) API is the industry standard for database-independent connectivity
between the Java programming language and a wide range of SQL databases and other tabular data sources, such as spreadsheets or flat files.
The JDBC API provides a call-level API for SQL-based database access.
JDBC technology allows you to use the Java programming language to apply the concept of Write Once, Run Anywhere for applications that require access to enterprise data.
With a JDBC technology-enabled driver, you can connect all corporate data even in a heterogeneous environment.
There are three important concepts when working with a database:
- Creating a connection to the database
- Creating a statement to execute in the database
- Getting back a set of data that represents the results