As a user of the Web, you focus your attention on the operations of your browser and may believe that Web servers
are simply warehouses of static HTML Web pages.
The truth is that Web servers often are active participants in the browser-server Web dialog.
Active Server Pages (ASP) is an environment for designing and running server-based Web applications
ASP makes it easier to write programs that talk to both Web browsers and Web servers and respond with different information at different times in different situations.
With ASP, programmers can create information dynamically at the time it is requested by the browser.
This module will introduce you to the language, concepts, and creation of Active Server Pages. By the time you complete this module, you will be able to:
- Create, initialize, and display ASP
- Constant: A placeholder that is assigned a single, unchanging value. and variables
- Construct ASP functions and statements
- Insert an ASP script into an HTML page and run it
- Describe the ASP object model
- Identify ASP's standard components