This course and the following modules discuss the Java language in the context of object oriented programming.
This advanced course is designed to teach programmers with at least some
experience with Java how to take advantage of Java's multitasking and networking features.
You will learn how to:
- Use advanced object-oriented features such as interfaces and packages
- Throw and catch exceptions
- Write multitasking programs
- Take advantage of the
The Introduction to Java Series
begins with an introductory course, continues with a course on building graphical user interfaces, and culminates with additional courses
on this website.
This series is intended to:
- Introduce students to the benefits and liabilities of designing in Java
- Lead programmers toward a mastery of the Java language
As a student progressing through this sequence, you will develop programs ranging from simple, character-mode applications to full-fledged,
interactive applets that run directly on the World Wide Web.